The Ninoy & Cory Aquino Foundation (NCAF) and the Ninoy & Cory Aquino Center for Leadership (NCACL) are proud to announce the ninth batch of candidates to its youth formation program, the Ninoy & Cory Aquino Leadership Journey on February 8-10, 2013.
Drawing insights from the lives of the beloved Aquino couple, the program seeks to reintroduce spirituality as a major foundation for Filipino leadership. Harnessing their innate values systems, the participants take part in a process of self-reflection which, it is hoped, would ultimately lead to commitment for others and country. The NCA Leadership Journey, touted as one of the more transformative programs available, has already provided a unique and life-changing experience to 9 batches of young people nationwide.
“We are excited to be returning to Zamboanga as we have been inspired by the passion of local young leaders in serving their fellow Filipinos,” NCAF President and Executive Director Rafael C. Lopa says. “We are glad that the program has been embraced by participants from different faiths. Leadership, sacrifice and heroism cut across religion – embracing a life of service and mission is a challenge to all Filipinos.”
For this batch, NCAF and NCACL are proud to announce the partnership with the Ateneo de Zamboanga University (ADZU), Zamboanga Basilan Sulu Tawi-Tawi Associaion of Private Schools (ZAMBASULTAPS) and the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines Region 9 (CEAP IX) in bringing the youth leadership program to the South.
The following candidates were selected for the February 2013 run of the Journey:
- Meryl Grace Agudelo, Zamboanga City
- Hyder Rashen Aming, Zamboanga City
- John Dean Anavieza, Cagayan de Oro City
- Saibzur Arasad, Zamboanga del Sur
- Chazelle Banico, Zamboanga del Sur
- Ma. Rhenette Cabanero, Zamboanga City
- Margarette Caceres, Zamboanga City
- Crispin Damuay, Zamboanga City
- Ronald Diaz, Zamboanga City
- Maria Ed Jovelyn De Loyola, Zamboanga del Norte
- Ferleeh Deloso, Zamboanga del Sur
- Jilliane Duncombe, Zamboanga City
- John Darren Furmentira, Zamboanga Sibugay
- Youssry Jaranilla, Zamboanga City
- Adrian Rhoy Lebin, Zamboanga City
- Fatimae Mariano, Zamboanga City
- Keith Jericho Martell, Zamboanga City
- Sergiris Ortega, Davao City
- Oneil Nick Paira, Zamboanga City
- Apple Joy Palad, Zamboanga del Sur
- R. Linn Ninel Pajes, Zamboanga City
- Levinia Perez, Zamboanga City
- Keith Einstein Pon, Tawi-Tawi
- Leandro Porras III, Zamboanga del Sur
- Marjorie Anne Singco, Zamboanga del Norte
- Robert Sinsuan, Zamboanga City
- Lenin Mussolini Sotto, Zamboanga Sibugay
- April Allen Valencia, Cagayan de Oro City
- Meljun Villarez, Zamboanga Sibugay
Together with program partners, Cebu Pacific Air, the Official Air Carrier, and White Knight Hotel Intramuros, the Official Manila Residence, the program invites the youth leaders to undergo the three-day leadership retreat and be living witnesses of leadership. It is the hope of the Foundation that the “Journey-ers” will be moved to commit to a life of mission through effective and impactful community work.
The Ninoy & Cory Aquino Leadership Journey is open to all Filipino citizens, 18 – 21 yrs. old, a Mindanao resident, and at least a college sophomore (or the equivalent) at the time of the application period.