The Ninoy and Cory Aquino Foundation (NCAF) and the Ninoy and Cory Aquino Center for Leadership (NCACL) are proud to announce the fifth batch of candidates to its youth leadership program, the Ninoy and Cory Aquino Leadership Journey on February 10-12, 2012.
Drawing insights from the lives of the beloved Aquino couple, the program seeks to reintroduce spirituality as a major foundation for Filipino leadership. Harnessing their innate values systems, the participants take part in a process of self-reflection which, it is hoped, would ultimately lead to commitment for others and country. The NCA Leadership Journey, touted as one of the more transformative programs available, has already provided a unique and life-changing experience to 4 batches of young people nationwide.
“We are excited for this upcoming batch as we have been inspired by how the youth embrace lives of service for their nation,” NCAF President and Executive Director Rafael C. Lopa says. “We would like to engage not only Christian youth, but Muslim youth as well. Leadership, sacrifice and heroism cut across religion – embracing a life of service and mission is a challenge to all Filipinos.”
For this batch, NCAF and NCACL are proud to announce the partnership with the Ateneo de Zamboanga University (ADZU), Zamboanga Basilan Sulu Tawi-Tawi Associaion of Private Schools (ZAMBASULTAPS) and the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines Region 9 (CEAP IX) in bringing the youth leadership program to the South.
The following candidates were selected for the February 2012 run of the Journey:
1. Fatima Edzra Akmad, Jolo, Sulu
2. Milarose Barraca, Zamboanga City
3. Shalini Kristy Dalis, Zamboanga Sibugay
4. Patrick Dumdum, Isabela City, Basilan
5. Lady Diane Francisco, Zamboanga City
6. Julnazar Halil, Zamboanga City
7. Linda A. Ibing, Layag-Layag, Zamboanga City
8. Kevin Roy Jimera, Zamboanga City
9. Earl Rasheeda Joe, Zamboanga City
10. Bensar Jumadil, Zamboanga City
11. Nurhaina Icy Malong, Jolo, Sulu
12. Jeric Medina, Manila
13. Joseph Paul Medina, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
14. Rissa Mae Montojo, Zamboanga City
15. Mangie Patangan, Dipolog City
16. Alexis Joyce Primalion, Zamboanga City
17. Marybelle Pulis, Zamboanga City
18. Rodney John Quirante, Zamboanga Sibugay
19. Meryll Resoor, Zamboanga City
20. Hazel Ann Retusto, Zamboanga City
21. Abdulhasik A. Salim, Layag-Layag, Zamboanga City
22. Rolly Santiago, Zamboanga City
23. Joseph Vincent Suarez, Zamboanga City
24. Vanessa Valencia, Isabela City, Basilan
25. Jonica Villalon, Zamboanga City
26. Ronald Cszar Villano, Zamboanga City
27. Rolf Marcus Villano, Zamboanga City
Together with program partners, Cebu Pacific Air, the Official Air Carrier, and White Knight Hotel Intramuros, the Official Manila Residence, the program invites the youth leaders to undergo the three-day leadership retreat and be living witnesses of leadership. It is the hope of the Foundation that the “Journey-ers” will be moved to commit to a life of mission through effective and impactful community work.
The Ninoy and Cory Aquino Leadership Journey is open to all Filipino citizens, 18 – 21 yrs. old, a Western Mindanao resident, and at least a college sophomore (or the equivalent) at the time of the application period.