The Ninoy and Cory Aquino Foundation (NCAF) and the Ninoy and Cory Aquino Center for Leadership (NCACL) are proud to announce the fourth batch of candidates to its youth leadership program, the Ninoy and Cory Aquino Leadership Journey on November 18-20, 2011 at the SPC Vigil House, Taytay, Rizal.
Drawing insights from the lives of the beloved Aquino couple, the program seeks to reintroduce spirituality as a major foundation for Filipino leadership. Harnessing their innate values systems, the participants take part in a process of self-reflection which, it is hoped, would ultimately lead to commitment for others and country. The NCA Leadership Journey, touted as one of the more transformative programs available, has already provided a unique and life-changing experience to 3 batches of young people nationwide.
“We have been overwhelmed by the response of each batch every time,” NCAF President and Executive Director Rafael C. Lopa says. “We are inspired by how these young leaders embrace the life of serving their country.”
After a rigorous application process that included a submission of essays and video essays and personal/online interview, the following candidates were selected for the November 2011 run of the Ninoy and Cory Aquino Leadership Journey:
- Randell Aranza, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
- Gabriel Billones, Bukidnon
- Jerwin Borres, Cagayan de Oro City
- Lucien Jay Caiman, Baguio City, Benguet
- Gracielle Cardenas, Antipolo City, Rizal
- Warlie Diaz, Arevalo, Iloilo
- Nickson Felix Epe, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
- Jem Eripol, Taytay, Rizal
- Jessica Mae Estrella, Las Pinas City
- Michael James Fabian, Imus, Cavite
- Renato Galvan, Jr., Angeles City, Pampanga
- Sheina Rose Gina, Quezon City
- Ridwan Landasan, Cagayan de Oro City
- Christopher Erwin Lota, Cainta, Rizal
- Franz Daryl Magrina, Cagayan de Oro City
- Rosalia Anna Medina, Muntinlupa City
- Ghio Angelo Ong, Cainta, Rizal
- Katrina Grace Ongoco, Makati City
- Faye Dominique Palmares, La Paz, Iloilo
- Kathleen Andrea Marie Rodriguez, Pateros
- Ara Laiza Roldan, Tondo, Manila
- Renmar Ernest Samonte, Baguio City, Benguet
- Mitz Serofia, Viejo, Iloilo
- Marvin Sipin, Quezon City
- Kris Angelica So, Angeles City, Pampanga
- Maria Crisselda Tamondong, Quezon City
- Julian Torcuator, Cainta, Rizal
- Quimberly Hyacinth Villamer, Naga City, Camarines Sur
- Jeshamar Villasis, Quezon City
Together with program partners, Cebu Pacific Air, the Official Air Carrier, and White Knight Hotel Intramuros, the Official Manila Residence, the program invites the youth leaders to undergo the three-day leadership retreat and be living witnesses of leadership. It is the hope of the Foundation that the “Journey-ers” will be moved to commit to a life of mission through effective and impactful community work.
Facilitators of the program are Lopa, DepEd Undersecretary Lino Rivera and NCAF Formations Head Boom Enriquez. Speakers for Batch 4 are Ted Talk presenter and entrepreneur Fr. Xavier Alpasa, S.J. and philosopher, poet and academician Eduardo Calasanz, Jr, among others.
The Ninoy and Cory Aquino Leadership Journey is open to all Filipino citizens, 18 – 25 yrs. old, and at least a college sophomore (or the equivalent) at the time of the application period.